Four IQ Advisor Funds Join Nuveen Family Of Closed-End Funds
Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions and high-net-worth investors, today announced that Nuveen Asset Management (Nuveen) has assumed the role of investment adviser for four closed-end funds previously managed by IQ Investment Advisors LLC (IQ Advisors). Each fund’s shareholders approved this change on September 30, 2010 as previously announced by IQ Advisors. The four funds are:
· Dow 30 SM Premium & Dividend Income Fund Inc. (NYSE:DPD)
· Dow 30 SM Enhanced Premium & Income Fund Inc. (NYSE:DPO)
· Global Income & Currency Fund (NYSE:GCF)· MLP & Strategic Equity Fund Inc. (NYSE:MTP) Each fund’s portfolios will continue to be managed by the same investment teams. Nuveen affiliate Nuveen HydePark Group, LLC (HydePark) will continue as sub-adviser to DPO and DPD, Fiduciary Asset Management, LLC (FAMCO) will continue as sub-adviser to MTP, and Nuveen will continue to manage GCF’s portfolio . “We are pleased to welcome IQ shareholders to the Nuveen closed-end fund family where we believe they will benefit from the significant resources we have dedicated to managing closed-end funds and providing specialized service to closed-end fund investors,” said Bill Adams, Executive Vice President, Nuveen Investments. “We have worked closely with IQ Advisors and the IQ fund board to ensure a smooth transition that provides continuity in the investment process and shareholder service.” Additionally, three of the funds declared regular monthly distributions which are listed in the table below: The following dates apply to today’s distribution declarations:
|Record Date||October 22, 2010|
|Ex-Dividend Date||October 20, 2010|
|Payable Date||October 29, 2010|
|Ticker||Fund Name||Per Share Amount|
|DPD||Dow 30 SM Premium & Dividend Income Fund Inc.||.1030|
|DPO||Dow 30 SM Enhanced Premium and Income Fund Inc.||.0850|
|MTP||MLP & Strategic Equity Fund Inc.||.0700|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV