BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Quantitative easing -- the government buying securities to support the economy -- looks more certain by the day. Stocks may rally if so-called QE comes to pass. Investors ought to consider purchasing riskier stocks because they typically would rise more than the broader market. Here are 10 candidates predicted by analysts to double or triple in the next 12 months. They're ordered by their projected return, from big to biggest.
10. Gannett (GCI) publishes newspapers, including USA Today, operates broadcasting stations and manages Web sites. Second-quarter profit nearly tripled to $195 million, or 73 cents a share, as revenue declined 1.6% to $1.4 billion. The operating margin rose from 15% to 20%. Gannett's stock trades at a trailing earnings multiple of 6, a forward earnings multiple of 5.4, a book value multiple of 1.6 and a cash flow multiple of 3.3 -- 74%, 82%, 58% and 80% discounts to media peer averages. Around 75% of analysts rate the stock "buy" and 25% rank it "hold."
Bullish Scenario: Noble Financial predicts that Gannett's stock will double to $27.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV