NEW YORK (
The fund now owns 7.05 million shares or 5.3% of the total shares outstanding. The fund held 5 million shares or 3.6% of the company in June. The stock accounted for 3.8% of the fund's $3.6 billion portfolio at that time.
Texas-based oil company Plains Exploration has also attracted interest from another heavyweight trader recently. Last month Steve Cohen of S.A.C Capital Traders filed a 13G with the SEC reporting a 5.8% stake.
Think you're a better stock picker Soros?
Prove it with fake money, and win real cash!
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Venkataraman. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV