September Jobs Report: What to Expect
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Investors looking forward to exciting news from the September non-farm payrolls report on Friday may be disappointed. Most economists and analysts are expecting a performance similar to what happened last month with the private sector showing modest growth.
Private sector payrolls are expected to increase by 74,000, according to consensus estimates from Briefing.co,m after rising 67,000 in August. Estimates from economists polled by TheStreet ranged between an increase of 60,000 to 100,000. The overall unemployment rate is expected to tick up to 9.7% from 9.6%, though some experts do not rule out a higher rate as previously discouraged workers re-enter the workforce.
The market has been struggling for direction in recent days as the latest economic reports have sent conflicting signals on what to expect on the employment front.
On Wednesday, the ADP National Employment Report showed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV