MUMBAI ( TheStreet) -- India loves small cars -- very small cars -- and automakers love India.
Small cars account for nearly three-quarter of auto sales in India, where a lot of the competition is provided by two-wheeled vehicles.
What automakers love are the bodacious growth opportunities.
For instance, auto sales in India in 2009 totaled 1.43 million, or about a tenth of the total in China. Another favorite stat: Just 11 out of every 1,000 people in India own a car.Among the companies poised to grow is Ford (F), which holds just
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV