Alvarion said it will deploy a 4G network for Barrett Xplore across Canada.
Shares of Alvarion are jumping by 44 cents, or 23.3%, to $2.33. Volume topped 2.6 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 179,000.
Elsewhere, Spherix (SPEX) share are rallying by 42 cents, or 31.1%, to $1.77 after the biotech company said its Phase 3 study of D-tagatose as a monotherapy in Type 2 diabetes was "statistically significant" in lowering HbA1c levels in healthy adults with diabetes. The company said it expects to engage a partner to continue work. Volume topped 1.9 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 106,000.On the downside, Immucor (BLUD) are tumbling by $4.39, or 21.5%, to $16.05 after the blood transfusion systems maker late Wednesday lowered its fiscal 2011 forecast, citing overall weakness in industry demand. Immucor now expects full-year earnings of $1.08 to $1.18 a share and revenue between $320 million to $332 million. Immucor previously forecasted earnings of $1.23 to $1.29 a share on revenue of between $345 million and $355 million. Volume topped 2 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 411,000. Golden Minerals (AUMN) shares are falling by $1.91, or 8.9%, to $19.65 after the minerals mining company late Wednesday announced an equity financing, although specific terms of the offering were not disclosed. Volume topped 30,000 shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 91,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV