8. CONSUMER GOODS
Top Pick: Coca-Cola (KO), the maker of Coke soda-pop, sells concentrates and syrups worldwide. Second-quarter profit increased 16% to $2.4 billion, or 88 cents a share, as revenue ascended 4.9% to $8.7 billion. The operating margin extended from 30% to 33%. Coca-Cola has $10 billion of cash and $12 billion of debt, equal to a quick ratio of 1 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5. Its stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 16, a book value multiple of 5.4 and a sales multiple of 4.3 -- on par or at slight premiums to peer averages. Roughly 88% of researchers following Coke rate its stock "buy."
Bullish Scenario: Credit Suisse (CS) values Coke's stock at $70, suggesting an 18% return.
Three More Top-Ranked Consumer Goods Stocks:Snap-On (SNA) General Mills (GIS) Philip Morris International (PM)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV