Odyssey 3Q Outlook Boosts Shares
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) â¿¿ Odyssey Marine Exploration Inc. said Wednesday it expects to report that third-quarter exceeded $8 million, boosted by its moves into deep-ocean mining exploration and various expedition projects.
The company explores and recovers deep-ocean shipwrecks and also sells coins and artifacts it finds. In 2007, it found a sunken Spanish galleon and salvaged from it an estimated $500 million in silver coins and other artifacts.
That ship was sunk by the British navy southwest of Portugal in 1804. A U.S. court ruled last year the loot belongs to Spain but the company has appealed and still has the treasure.
Odyssey's shares rose 12 cents, or 6.6 percent, to $1.93 in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV