Overall, Braidwood said he is happy with Google's Android operating system. As of Tuesday, SwiftKey was the No. 2 best-selling paid app on Android.
One key element to the PayPal approach: It converts the price to whatever local currency the buyer uses.
The deal with Google is also huge for PayPal. Eager to get better footing in mobile payments, the placement on Google's Android Market puts PayPal onboard one of the world's fastest growing mobile systems. PayPal has an iPhone app for Apple, but as far as iTunes, PayPal is listed a payment option but it requires a PayPal credit card.
"Economics" were said to be one of the trickier negotiation points between Google and PayPal as the talks dragged on, so it will be interesting to see if the Android Market checkout process is as smooth as many observers hoped.--Written by Scott Moritz in New York.
>To contact this writer, click here: Scott Moritz, or email: email@example.com. To follow Scott on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_Tech. >To send a tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV