5. Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH) is a provider of information-technology consulting and outsourcing services.
Average annual revenue growth over the past three years is 32%, while annual earnings per share growth averaged 32%.
Analysts estimate 2010 revenue will be $4.5 billion, up 36% year-over-year, rising to $5.5 billion in 2011, a 22% increase. Their mean earnings per share outlook for 2010 is $2.28, up 25% from 2009, and they expect $2.61 per share in 2011, a 14% increase.Shares are up 44% so far this year, reaching a 52-week high of $67.06 on Friday, versus the 2.5% gain for its industry peer group on the year. Cognizant began 2010 with $1.42 billion in cash and has no long-term debt. The company has a market capitalization of $19.3 billion and is a favorite of institutional investors, who own 95% of its shares. Of analysts covering Cognizant, 22, or 85%, rate its stock "buy" and four rate it "hold." None rank the stock "sell." A median price target of $67.92 suggests a return of 8% in the next 12 months. Citigroup predicts that Cognizant's shares will rise 17% to $74. >To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Biggest, Best Companies portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV