3. SAP (SAP): SAP dominates the global market for enterprise-application software used for accounting, customer-relationship management and supply-chain management.
Shares are up 8.6% this year, versus the 12% gain by its applications-software peers.
Its price-to-earnings ratio is 21.5, versus its peers' average of 31, suggesting it is selling at a discount.SAP has a three-year annual sales growth rate of 9.1%, while net income has grown 2.9% annually over the same period. Performance is expected to improve slightly better than that seen by the economy. Analysts forecast a 15% rise in sales in 2010, to $17 billion, a turnaround from the 8% decline of 2009. They forecast 2010 earnings per share of $2.86 versus $2.13 in 2009, and an increase of 12%, to $3.19, in 2011. SAP has a $59.4 billion market value, and institutional investors own 5% of the stock. Of analysts covering SAP, seven, or 35%, rate its stock "buy," 10 rate it "hold" and three rank it "sell." A median price target of $49.72 suggests a return of 2.5% in the next 12 months. Goldman Sachs is more bullish, predicting a gain of 12% to $54.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV