NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Research firm Sterne Agee unveiled its third quarter earnings preview for banks and thrifts, and they recommend just three names in their coverage universe, which does not include the most popular bank stock, Citigroup (C) and Bank of America (BAC).
Wells Fargo (WFC) is one of the names on the list. The Sterne Agee analysts estimate Wells will earn $3.60 per share in 2012, while the shares closed Monday at $25.38--roughly seven times that figure. That is a lower multiple than less-profitable peers, the analysts argue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV