BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Investors are getting earnings-season jitters. Dow stocks still offer bargains and big quarterly dividends, even after last month's rally. To play it safe as companies release earnings in the next four weeks, here are the 10 cheapest Dow dividend stocks. They are ordered by forward earnings multiple, from cheap to cheapest.
10. Intel (INTC) is the world's biggest chipmaker. Intel will report third-quarter results Oct. 12. It swung to a second-quarter profit of $2.9 billion, or 51 cents a share, from a loss of $398 million, or 7 cents, a year earlier. Revenue grew 34% to $11 billion. The operating margin rose from 19% to 37%. Intel's stock trades at a forward earnings multiple of 10, a book value multiple of 2.4 and a cash flow multiple of 7.1 -- 23%, 56% and 52% discounts to semiconductor peer averages. Of analysts covering Intel, 31 rate it "buy", 19 rate it "hold" and two rank it "sell." Intel pays a quarterly dividend of 16 cents, equal to an annual yield of 3.4% with a payout ratio of 38%.
Bullish Scenario: Stifel Financial (SF) offers a price target of $32, suggesting a 70% return.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV