Ford CFO: The Turnaround Completed
In retrospect, everything changed in late 2009, when the automaker began to produce operating cash flow and its executives came to realize they no were no longer swimming against the tide.
|Ford CFO Lewis Booth|
"When we got into positive operating cash flow in the
"We were beginning to get our thoughts together," said Booth. "We had plans for Brazil ... Now, we're investing heavily in growth."Ford's share price reflects the transition. In 2009, shares rose 335%, the kind of appreciation that often occurs when investors abandon the perception that a company is a bankruptcy candidate -- Ford traded as low as $1.01 in November 2008 -- and realize it is going to survive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV