NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets sold off Monday as investors cautiously prepared for the start of an earnings season.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 78.41, or 0.72%, to 10,751.27. The S&P 500 slipped 9.21, or 0.80%, to 1,137.03, while the Nasdaq fell 26.23, or 1.11%, to 2,344.52.
Guy Adami said on CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show that the market will remain intact if the S&P stays above 1,135. However, he said last Thursday's reversal bears watching.
Joe Terranova the market is trading along the path of a weak dollar. Zachary Karabell said the market is running on low volume and has moved in a trading range for the past five months. Karabell said strong earnings and potent cash flow might provide for good entry points into the market.For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV