HistoRx Recognized As A 2010 Company To Watch By The Connecticut Technology Council
BRANFORD, Conn., Oct. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- HistoRx was recognized as a 2010 Company to Watch by the Connecticut Technology Council at the Innovation Pipeline Awards ceremony last week in New Haven, Connecticut. HistoRx was recognized for significant milestones achieved in 2010:
- launching its proprietary AQUA® technology software on a second hardware platform -- the ScanScope FL from Aperio
- signing a licensing deal with a national oncology reference lab for AQUA technology and several diagnostic assays based on it -- Genoptix Medical Laboratory (Nasdaq: GXDX)
- receiving a U.S. patent for an application of AQUA technology to personalized medicine -- methods for determining a cancer patient's prognosis based on sub-cellular localization of biomarkers, specifically thymidylate synthase (TS)
These achievements represent key indicators of the company's maturation from a life science technology company to a diagnostics developer nearing first clinical use of its products.
The Innovation & Entrepreneurship Summit is a juried event designed to showcase the products and services from approximately 100 exciting early stage companies in various advanced technology categories. Each year the event draws several hundred investors, corporate business development executives, prospective customers and the media. This multifaceted event included a technology showcase of the award-winning Companies to Watch, and focused on young, emerging technology companies with an innovative product or service and the potential to grow quickly.
The Connecticut Technology Council is a statewide association of technology oriented companies and institutions, providing leadership in areas of policy advocacy, community building and assistance for growing companies. Speaking for over 2,000 companies that employ some 200,000 residents, the Connecticut Technology Council seeks to provide a strong and urgent voice in support of the creation of a culture of innovation.HistoRx, Inc. is a leading developer of tissue-based theranostic solutions to advance individualized patient care. The Company's products and services are based on proprietary AQUA® technology for tissue biomarker analysis. AQUA® software is the only platform capable of precisely measuring protein biomarker concentration with sub-cellular resolution in tissue sections, enabling fully objective, standardized, reproducible, and automated analysis to guide targeted drug development and therapeutic decision making. HistoRx currently helps biopharmaceutical companies advance their product pipelines by generating valuable new insights into the safety and effectiveness of targeted therapeutics in development for cancer and other diseases, and is developing clinical assays based on these insights. The first clinical diagnostics based on AQUA® technology will be launched in late 2010. For more information please visit: www.historx.com. SOURCE HistoRx, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV