Eyak Withdraws Offer To Buy GTSI
DULLES, Va. (AP) â¿¿ Alaska's Eyak Technology LLC said Monday it has withdrawn is offer to buy GTSI Corp., sending GTSI's shares skidding 41 percent on pre-market trading.
Eyak said it is withdrawing its offer of $7.50 per share in cash, after the U.S. Small Business Administration suspended GTSI from receiving any future contract awards from the federal government. Eyak said it is evaluating the effects of the SBA's decision on GTSI.
GTSI provides information technology products and services to the federal and state governments and contractors.
Its shares tumbled $3.10, or 41 percent, to $4.40 in pre-market trading Monday.The company said Friday that "Until tonight, no government agency had made an allegation that GTSI had violated any law or regulations regarding this matter." It added it will "fight to restore our good name." Eyak, based in Alaska, provides communications, information technology, and health care services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV