PostRock Announces Election Of New Chairman
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oct. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PostRock Energy Corporation (Nasdaq:PSTR) ("PostRock" or the "Company") today announced that Duke R. Ligon has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors, succeeding Gary M. Pittman. Mr. Pittman will remain on the Board as a Director. Mr. Ligon has served as a Director of PostRock since its formation in March 2010 and previously served on the Board of one of PostRock's predecessor entities as Chairman and Director since 2006.
Mr. Ligon has more than 40 years of legal expertise in corporate securities, litigation, governmental affairs and mergers and acquisitions. He is an attorney and served as senior vice president and general counsel of Devon Energy Corporation from January 1997 until he retired in February 2007. Since his retirement in 2007, Mr. Ligon has been a strategic legal advisor to Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc. and currently is the legal advisor at Panhandle Oil and Gas. Prior to joining Devon, he practiced law for 12 years and last served as a partner at the law firm of Mayer, Brown & Platt in New York City. In addition, he was Senior Vice President and Managing Director for Investment Banking at Bankers Trust Co. in New York City for 10 years. He is also on the Board of Panhandle Oil and Gas, Chairman of the Board of Blue Knight Energy Partners, Chairman of the Board of SteelPath MLP Funds, member of the Board of SteelPath Energy Infrastructure Investment Company, Chairman of the Board of Security State Bank, member of the Board of Heritage Trust Company, and member of the Board and the Advisory Committee of Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc. Mr. Ligon received an undergraduate degree in chemistry from Westminster College and a law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV