CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (TheStreet) -- Executives of Goldman Sachs (GS), BP (BP), the former financial powerhouse Lehman Brothers, Merril Lynch (BAC), Magnetar Capital and AIG (AIG) were lauded Thursday night at Harvard University by a who's who of the world's top academics and several Nobel Prize recipients.
A sold-out theater in Cambridge, Mass., was the setting for the "20th first annual" Ig Nobel Awards, an off-kilter event that has become a must for academics from across the globe and the geeks who love them.
The annual Economics Prize was awarded to the above-mentioned Wall Street executives and directors for "creating and promoting new ways to invest money -- ways that maximize financial gain and minimize financial risk for the world economy, or for a portion thereof."
|Nobel laureates Roy Glauber, Sheldon Glashow and James Muller demonstrate the "Emergency Bra" during the Ig Nobel Awards ceremony Thursday at Harvard University in Cambridge, Mass.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV