The companies will develop the projects of Repsol Brasil, the upstream subsidiary of Repsol in Brazil, creating one of Latin America's largest energy companies, Repsol said in a statement Friday.
Repsol Brasil plans to issue new shares valued at $7.1 billion to which Sinopec will fully subscribe. Repsol will hold 60% of the shares of Repsol Brasil while Sinopec will hold 40%.
Repsol Brasil's assets are currently valued at $10.66 billion."The injection of funds generated by this transaction will allow Repsol Brasil to fully develop all of its current projects, which include some of the world's largest exploratory discoveries in recent years," Repsol said in the press release. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV