KYOTO, Japan, Sept. 30, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) ("Nidec" or "we") today announced that it completed the acquisition of the Motors & Controls business of Emerson Electric Co. (the "Acquired Business") on October 1, 2010 (September 30, 2010, U.S. time). As a result, the Acquired Business, now consisting of the foreign companies listed below, became Nidec's subsidiaries.
In this connection, Nidec also announced the establishment of NIDEC MOTOR HOLDINGS CORPORATION, which is expected to become the holding company of the new subsidiaries, as discussed below.
The following is an outline of the companies that became Nidec's new subsidiaries today:1. Outline of the New Subsidiaries Company Names
- Japan: NIDEC MOTOR HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- USA：NIDEC MOTOR CORPORATION
- Canada：NIDEC MOTOR CANADA CORPORATION
- Mexico：Compania de Motores Domesticos, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Controles Electromecanicos de Mexico S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Emerson Laminaciones de Acero de Monterrey, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Motores U.S. de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：U.S.E.M. de Mexico S.A. de C.V. (subsidiary of Motores U.S. de Mexico S.A. de C.V.)*
- Mexico: Motores Reynosa, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Rotores S.A. de C.V. *
- UK：SR Drives Manufacturing Limited *
- UK：Switched Reluctance Drives Limited *
- UK：Reluctance Motor Limited (subsidiary of Switched Reluctance Drives Limited)*