Nidec Completes Acquisition Of Emerson Electric Co.'s Motors & Controls Business And Announces Outline Of Its New Subsidiaries
KYOTO, Japan, Sept. 30, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) ("Nidec" or "we") today announced that it completed the acquisition of the Motors & Controls business of Emerson Electric Co. (the "Acquired Business") on October 1, 2010 (September 30, 2010, U.S. time). As a result, the Acquired Business, now consisting of the foreign companies listed below, became Nidec's subsidiaries.
In this connection, Nidec also announced the establishment of NIDEC MOTOR HOLDINGS CORPORATION, which is expected to become the holding company of the new subsidiaries, as discussed below.
The following is an outline of the companies that became Nidec's new subsidiaries today:1. Outline of the New Subsidiaries Company Names
- Japan: NIDEC MOTOR HOLDINGS CORPORATION
- USA：NIDEC MOTOR CORPORATION
- Canada：NIDEC MOTOR CANADA CORPORATION
- Mexico：Compania de Motores Domesticos, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Controles Electromecanicos de Mexico S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Emerson Laminaciones de Acero de Monterrey, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Motores U.S. de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：U.S.E.M. de Mexico S.A. de C.V. (subsidiary of Motores U.S. de Mexico S.A. de C.V.)*
- Mexico: Motores Reynosa, S.A. de C.V. *
- Mexico：Rotores S.A. de C.V. *
- UK：SR Drives Manufacturing Limited *
- UK：Switched Reluctance Drives Limited *
- UK：Reluctance Motor Limited (subsidiary of Switched Reluctance Drives Limited)*
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV