TheStreet ran a screen for financial stocks with a market cap of more than $1 billion that have a price-to-earnings ratio of less than 10 and a dividend yield of more than 5%. Here are five stocks that meet those criteria and may be worth a look.
First, though, a few words of caution. Though price-to earnings is a popular way of looking at a stock, you need to ask yourself if past earnings are sustainable. As for the dividend, no one says a company can't cut it, or even eliminate it.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV