FreeSeas Announces The Results Of Its 2010 Annual General Meeting Of Shareholders; 1:5 Reverse Stock Split To Be Effective October 1, 2010
PIRAEUS, Greece, Sept. 30, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- FreeSeas Inc. (Nasdaq:FREE) (Nasdaq:FREEZ) ("FreeSeas" or the "Company"), a transporter of dry-bulk cargoes through the ownership and operation of a fleet of seven Handysize vessels and two Handymax vessels, today announced the official results of its 2010 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, held on September 30, 2010 in Athens, Greece. The following proposals were approved by the Company's shareholders:
- Focko Nauta and Keith Bloomfield were elected to the Board of Directors, to serve until the 2013 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders;
- The Company's Amended and Restated Articles of Incorporation were amended to effect a reverse stock split of the Company's issued and outstanding common stock at a ratio of one share for every five shares outstanding; and
- The appointment of Ernst & Young (Hellas) Certified Auditors-Accountants S.A. as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2010 was ratified.
Details on the Reverse Stock Split
The Company anticipates that its common stock will begin trading on a split adjusted basis when the market opens on October 1, 2010. Beginning on that date, FreeSeas' common stock will trade for 20 trading days under ticker symbol "FREED" to provide notice of the reverse stock split. After this period, the symbol will revert to "FREE." The common shares will also trade under a new CUSIP number Y26496 144 effective October 1, 2010. In addition, the Company's outstanding Class Z warrants will be proportionately adjusted in accordance with the terms of the warrants and trade under the symbol "FREEZD" for 20 trading days, and then revert to "FREEZ."The reverse stock split will consolidate five shares of common stock into one share of common stock at a par value of $.001 per share. As a result of the reverse stock split, the number of outstanding common shares will be reduced from 32,437,480 to 6,487,496, excluding outstanding and unexercised share options and warrants and subject to adjustment for fractional shares. The reverse stock split will not affect any shareholder's ownership percentage of FreeSeas' common shares or warrants, except to the limited extent that the reverse stock split would result in any shareholder owning a fractional share. Fractional shares of common stock will be rounded up to the nearest whole share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV