BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Stocks that double or triple over one year are usually best sold. Except when analysts predict that they'll keep rising. Here are 10 obscure small-cap stocks that just might do that. Below, they're ordered by their one-year gain, from big to biggest.
10. HeartWare (HTWR) is a medical-device company, focusing on products for advanced heart failure. HeartWare's second-quarter loss widened to $10 million, but the per share loss narrowed to 73 cents due to dilution. Revenue more than tripled to $9.8 million. The gross margin climbed from 55% to 59%. HeartWare's stock sells for a book value multiple of 8 and a sales multiple of 25, substantial premiums to industry averages. Of analysts covering HeartWare, six rate it "buy" and four rate it "hold." A median target of $74.50 suggests a looming return of 7%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV