BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- The market was predictably calm in yesterday's trading, a sign that the market is waiting in anticipation of more "headline worthy" economic news today and tomorrow. That said, things aren't completely silent for market participants right now. With bearish pressure weighing on banking stocks, it's clear that investors are willing to sell now and ask questions later with respect to the financials (more on that in a few).
While bets against such a broad sector ultimately left major indices down for the day yesterday, there's a lot more to the market than meets the eye right now, with interesting technicals setting up in some of Wall Street's biggest stocks.
Technical analysis uses a stock's price movements to determine where shares are headed in the future. Technical charts are used daily by proprietary trading floors, the Street's biggest financial firms and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And according to some sources, skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time.Wondering how some of Wall Street's biggest names are shaping up right now? Let's take a technical look. >>>Also: Technical Setups: Illumina, LDK Solar, Edison
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV