AMREP Announces Withdrawal Of Merger Proposal
PRINCETON, N.J., Sept. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AMREP Corporation (NYSE: AXR) today reported the withdrawal of the previously announced proposal received by AMREP from Nicholas G. Karabots, AMREP's Vice Chairman and 59.9% shareholder, to merge AMREP with a company controlled by Mr. Karabots in a transaction in which other shareholders would receive $12.00 per share in cash for their AMREP shares. AMREP had previously announced the September 8, 2010 receipt of the merger proposal in a press release that was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 10, 2010 as an exhibit to AMREP's quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
AMREP Corporation's AMREP Southwest Inc. subsidiary is a major landholder and leading developer of real estate in Rio Rancho, New Mexico, and its Kable Media Services, Inc. subsidiary distributes magazines to wholesalers and provides subscription and product fulfillment and related services to publishers and others.
SOURCE AMREP Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV