House OKs Bill to Counter Devalued Yuan
The Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act passed by a vote of 349 to 79. The legislation, which would still need to garner approval from the Senate, would allow the United States to take actions, such as imposing tariffs, to counter the impact of a country undervaluing its currency.
The bill calls for "United States trade law
In its coverage of the vote, The New York Times said the prospects for the bill to get approval from the Senate "remain dim" and the Wall Street Journal noted that the Obama administration has kept its distance from the measure; neither endorsing or working with legislators on its structure "out of concern for being tagged as secretly approving of the move."The Democrats came out in force in support of the bill, however, with 249 of 255 coming through with aye votes, while Republicans contributed 99 ayes against 75 noes. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV