The computer maker predicted revenue between $131.5 billion and $133.5 billion during its annual analyst meeting on Thursday, according to Reuters. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had predicted sales of $131.42 billion.
Excluding items, HP also forecast earnings between $5.05 and $5.15 a share, compared to Wall Street's estimate of $4.99.
There is, however, still no word on HP's new CEO, although potential HP successors Ann Livermore, Dave Donatelli and Vyomesh Joshi were all scheduled to speak during the company's analyst meeting event.HP shares rose 58 cents, or 1.39%, to $42.15 in extending trading on Tuesday. --Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV