Itau Unibanco And China Unionpay Sign Trade And Cooperation Agreement
SAO PAULO, Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Itau Unibanco signed yesterday a trade and cooperation agreement with CHINA UNIONPAY CO. LTD (CUP). By this contract, CUP clients with their 2.2 billion credit and debit cards will be able to withdraw at over 30,000 Itau ATMs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CUP, based in Shanghai, was established in March 2002 and today has over 400 associated institutions, domestic and foreign. It is present in over 90 countries.
In 2009, about 50 million Chinese traveled overseas. The expectation is that this number will increase significantly over the next five years. Brazil is already a popular destination for Chinese and should be even more due to the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Olympic Games.
"The acceptance of our ATMs is the first step of a strategic alliance between Itau Unibanco and CUP. It is also related to the partnership that Redecard, a company controlled by Itau Unibanco, has just signed with CUP so that the network of commercial points associated with Redecard in Brazil could also accept the 2.2 billion cards with the Asian brand" says Fernando Teles, Itau Unibanco's Credit Cards director.SOURCE Banco Itau Holding Financeira S/A
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV