"Thank God for the recession -- it forced us to slow down and actually approach our real estate strategy in a disciplined way," he said.
The apparel maker has 75 owned and franchised stores in the U.S., with a goal of expanding to 300, although it hasn't offered a time line. It ended the second quarter with 130 stores in North America and Australia. It opened its first store in 2000 in Vancouver and had its initial public offering in 2007.
Lululemon garners six "buy," eight "hold" and one "sell" rating from analysts, about the same as a year ago. Its shares carry a price-to-earnings ratio of 33.3, almost double that of its industry peer group. Analysts' mean price target is $44.20, according to First Call data, suggesting the shares will be little changed.
Investors who have shorted the stock, seeking to profit on a decline, can't make up their minds. The current short interest is at 7.6, half what it was about a month ago, just before it reported its second-quarter results.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV