2010 College Football Picks: Week 5
Updated from 10/01/10
Update includes news that Michigan State coach Mike Dantonio will not attend his team's game Saturday.
NEW YORK -- ( TheStreet) Did we learn anything, really, about the college football landscape last week? Alabama used its doppleganger rushing attack, headlined by Heisman winner Mark Ingram and fellow backfielder Trent Richardson, to just outlast the Arkansas Razorbacks in Fayetteville to prove, yet again, that they are Alabama.
And as many first divined in the preseason, Ohio State continues to look like the Tide's most likely rival to the BCS championship crown in January following its 73-20 beat down over a hapless Eastern Michigan squad.Sure, Boise State and TCU continued keeping up their BCS-busting appearances, while Oregon, Florida and Nebraska each displayed consistency issues that will make fans feel a little queasy heading into the hearts of their conference schedules. But it's Texas that turned out to be the pretender of the bunch after being shot down the rankings by UCLA's aptly named "pistol" offense. >>Against the Spread: NFL Picks, Week 4 Still, as most college football fans know, it's October and November that make or break the ultimate fortunes of the college football elite. With that, let the real games finally begin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV