Man Group Profit, Fees Decline
Pretax profit for the first half of the year will be about $135 million, compared with $302 million last year, according to a company press release.
The profit losses are due to a drop in income from management and performance fees. Performance fees fell to $15.8 million in the first half of the year. Investors also withdrew $600 million from the hedge fund in the second quarter.
The company says its acquisition of GLG Partners will close shortly after the GLG stockholder meeting on October 12, 2010 and that its financial position remains strong, with a regulatory capital surplus of over $1.5 billion and over $2.5 billion in cash. Man Group expects to retain a regulatory capital surplus of around $300 million after closing the GLG acquisition."The strategic rationale for the acquisition of GLG is based on the creation of a performance focused, multi-style investment platform, which is capable of delivering superior, uncorrelated returns from a wide range of investment strategies across market cycles," Man Group CEO Peter Clarke said in the press release. "I am delighted with the progress we have made with integration planning to date, with both firms clearly focused on the powerful investment proposition which will be created by the transaction." --Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/newsgirlmw. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV