Home Prices: Hot Trends
(New information on the University of Texas Austin campus shooting and home prices updated in today's Hot Trends article.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "UT Austin shooting" is a trending search phrase after a gunman opened fire in the Perry-Casteneda Library on the University of Texas Austin campus. The shooter is dead as a result of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No other injuries have been reported and the University has posted a statement on its Web site urging students and locals to stay away from the area."The university is closed," the statement says. "All organized classes for today, Sept. 28, are canceled. If you are off campus, stay away. If you are on campus, lock doors, do not leave your building."
"Home prices" is a popular search phrase on Yahoo! (YHOO) today after the S&P/Case-Shiller 20-city home price index, a leading measure of U.S. home prices, rose 3.18% in July from a year earlier, after rising 4.2% in June. >>Housing Prices Moderate in July In June, home prices showed signs of moderating and economists expected the trend to continue. The index fell short of the expected increase of 3.3%, according to Briefing.com. Stocks held modest gains despite weaker-than-expected readings on September consumer confidence and regional manufacturing activity.
"Ben & Jerry's" is a hot search topic on Yahoo today after the ice cream company decided to drop the phrase "all natural" from its labels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV