CUPERTINO, Calif. (TheStreet) -- 2010 has been a busy year for Apple (AAPL), which saw the launch of the iPad, the new iPhone 4, and in a rare moment of bad publicity, a press conference to deal with Antennagate.
Apple's iPhone antenna problems, however, proved to be little more than a speed bump for Steve Jobs and Co. Apple is still seeing an influx of love, both on Main Street and Wall Street. Seemingly untouched by the unease that has crept into other parts of the tech sector, Apple hit a new 52-week high last week and is enjoying big demand for its latest offerings.
Coming off of all this news, Apple has seen an almost 40% hike in its share price this year. If there's one thing that's consistent with the way to play Apple, it's this: Wise investors get into the company's stock well ahead of actual events and product announcements.
Here's a look back at the key moments in Apple's year -- and the impact they had on the company's share price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV