Transition Therapeutics Announces Fiscal 2010 Year End Financial Results
TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Transition Therapeutics Inc. ("Transition" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:TTHI) (TSX:TTH) a product-focused biopharmaceutical company developing therapeutics for disease indications with large markets, today announced its financial results for the year ended June 30, 2010.
During fiscal 2010 and up to the date of this press release, the Company announced the following:ELND005 (AZD-103) – Alzheimer's Disease:
- On August 9, 2010, Elan Pharma International Limited ("Elan") and Transition announced topline summary results of a Phase II study and plans for Phase III for ELND005 (AZD-103). Also, Elan and Transition have agreed to work together to systematically explore all strategic, operational, and global options for the asset with the intent of maximizing the value of this innovative potential therapeutic;
- On December 15, 2009, Elan and Transition announced modifications to ELND005 (AZD-103) Phase II clinical trials in Alzheimer's disease;
- On July 13, 2009, Elan and Transition announced Phase I data showing ELND005 (AZD-103) achieves desired concentrations in brain tissue and cerebrospinal fluid when given orally.
- On June 30, 2010, Transition announced the initiation of a Phase I clinical study of TT-301.
- On March 3, 2010, Transition announced a licensing agreement with Eli Lilly and Company to acquire the rights to a series of preclinical compounds in the area of diabetes;
- On September 17, 2010, Transition announced the clinical study of TT-223 in combination with a GLP-1 analogue did not meet study efficacy endpoints. Given these findings, there will be no further development of TT-223;
- On January 25, 2010, Transition announced results from a Phase II clinical study of gastrin analogue, TT-223, in patients with type 2 diabetes.
- On September 28, 2009, the Company filed a preliminary short form base shelf prospectus with securities regulatory authorities. The shelf prospectus has become effective and provides for the potential offering in selected Canadian provinces and the United States of up to an aggregate amount of US$75 million of Transition's common shares, warrants, or a combination thereof, from time to time in one or more offerings until November 8, 2011. Utilization of the US shelf prospectus is dependent upon meeting certain market capitalization thresholds at the time of financing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV