NightHawk shareholders will receive $6.50 per share in cash from Virtual Radiologic, representing a 100% premium to the stock's closing price on Friday. The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2011, the companies said.
Shares of NightHawk are surging by $3.14, or 96.5%, to $6.39. Volume topped 7.45 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 71,000.
Elsewhere, BioFuel Energy (BIOF) shares are rallying by 63 cents, or 37.5%, to $2.31 after the company said Friday it has entered into a six-month $19.4 million bridge loan agreement with Greenlight Capital and an affiliate of Third Point LLC. The bridge loan was used to repay $17.9 million in working capital loans. Volume topped 2.49 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 218,000.LDK Solar (LDK) shares are jumping by $1.33, or 15%, to $10.18 after the company said it has borrowed $8.9 billion from the China Development Bank to fund its expansion efforts. Volume topped 12 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 2.97 million. Shares of Rainmaker Systems (RMKR) are spiking late in Monday's session, rising by 40 cents, or 37%, to $1.48 after the company said in a regulatory filing that it has entered into a statement of work under its vendor services agreement with Microsoft (MSFT) to provide the company with global telesales and chat sales services. Rainmaker said the statement of work covers the U.S., Europe and the Middle East, and Asia-Pacific regions and has an initial three-year term. Services are set to begin on Nov. 1, Rainmaker said. Volume topped 170,000 shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 9,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV