BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Alcoa (AA), the largest U.S. producer of aluminum, kicks off the quarterly earnings-reporting season a week from Thursday. Traders in stocks under $5 also have their plates full next week with releases.
Already this week, Zale (ZLC) reported a smaller-than-expected loss of 89 cents a share in its fiscal fourth quarter, although the stock fell more than 5% after the release. Other stocks trading at less than $5 will likely see similar volatile reactions based on earnings results.
TheStreet narrowed the list of companies investors should be watching to 10, ranked by market value, based on Bloomberg's earnings-release schedule. The list includes stocks currently trading on the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and the or NYSE Amex.
10. IsoRay (ISR) Company Profile: IsoRay was founded in 1998 to develop isotopes for use in the medical treatment of malignant diseases. The company provides treatment for all solid tumor applications using Cesium-131. Earnings Reporting Date: Oct. 7 (unconfirmed) Share Price: $1.09 (Sept. 27 close) Total Return 2010: 27% Analyst Ratings: The two research firms with coverage of IsoRay are split between a "buy" and a "hold" rating. The mean of the two estimates for the fiscal fourth quarter calls for a loss of 4 cents a share on revenue of $1.31 million, according to Thomson Reuters. Income Statement: In the fiscal third quarter ended March 31, IsoRay posted an operating loss of $1.09 million and revenue of $1.2 million. During the quarter, IsoRay said it focused its resources on improving sales while retaining the necessary administrative infrastructure to increase the level of demand for the company's product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV