Schwarzenegger Terminates Pet Insurance
New York (TheStreet) -- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has vetoed a bill that would have required pet insurers to give greater disclosure to consumers.
The bill, propsed by Assemblyman Dave Jones, was designed to help consumers make better choices when purchasing pet insurance.
Several big name insurers sell pet insurance including Nationwide (NFS), which underwites VPI Pet Insurance. Also in the mix are Allianz ( ALV) owned Fireman's Fund, which underwrites ASPCA Pet Insurance; and Aetna (AET), which underwrites Pets Best Insurance.
--Written by Maria Woehr in New York.
To contact the writer of this article, click here: Maria Woehr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV