BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- M&A activity is back in the spotlight this week. Already in Monday's premarket, a handful of high-profile acquisition announcements are getting positive feedback from investors as they bid up shares of both the acquirers and buyout targets ahead of the market open at 9:30. That behavior is pretty telling about market sentiment right now: as investors feel increasingly positive about stocks, they're much more likely to bid up buying firms before they know the full implications of the deals.
Instead, they're issuing a vote of confidence that management will do the right thing to increase shareholder value.
As a result, we could see a surge in stock valuations this week as Wall Street gets its legs back. Last week provided us with a push above a significant market resistance level, with major bullish moves on Monday and Friday. This week, we'll attempt to capitalize on any upside action with a new set of Rocket Stocks plays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV