Natuzzi S.p.A. Announces Second Quarter And First Six Months 2010 Financial Results
The Board of Directors of Natuzzi S.p.A. (NYSE:NTZ), Italy’s largest furniture manufacturer and world’s leading manufacturer of leather-upholstered furniture, today announced its financial results for the second quarter and first six months of 2010.
SECOND QUARTER 2010 SUMMARY:
- Upholstery Net Sales were €130.9 million, up 12.0% as compared to the second quarter of 2009
- Total Net Sales were €145.2 million, up 8.7% as compared to the same period of 2009
- Industrial margin was €54.6 million, versus €50.5 million recorded in the second quarter of 2009
- Operating Income was €2.2 million, as compared to €1.1 million for the same period of 2009
- Net group loss was €2.8 million versus a loss of €3.9 million recorded in the same quarter of 2009
- Positive net cash position of €49.0 million
Second Quarter Results 2010
Total Net Sales (including raw materials and semi-finished products sold to third parties) were €145.2 million, an increase of 8.7% as compared to corresponding period of 2009.Upholstery net sales were €130.9 million, up 12.0% as compared to the same period of 2009. The contribution to upholstery net sales by geographic area was as follows: Europe (excluding Italy) 40.1%, Americas 37.4%, Italy 10.0% and Rest of the World 12.5%. The major commercial performances came from North America (+38%), Asia-Oceania (+42%) and Great Britain (+49%). Industrial margin was €54.6 million, showing an increase of 8.1% versus the same quarter of 2009. The increase of volumes sold and the major internal efficiencies enabled the group to offset the consequences of significant increases in raw material costs, in particular leather. Transportation costs were negatively influenced by a significant increase in freight fares. At the same time, an increase in terms of sales commissions was recorded due to the better performance in terms of sales in those geographical areas operated by some sales agents who are compensated through commissions on turnover
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV