Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. Named To All Star Report
Ronald A. Walko, President and CEO of Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq: PWOD) the bank holding company for Jersey Shore State Bank, has announced that the company was one of 32 institutions recently named to the 2010 Sandler O’Neill Sm-All Stars.
The objective of the Sm-All Stars report is to identify the top performing small cap banks and thrifts nationally. Evaluations were conducted on 503 publicly traded institutions having a market cap of between $100 million and $2 billion. The banks were evaluated on 8 financial criteria: earnings per share (EPS) growth trends, loan growth trends, deposit growth trends, return on average equity (ROAE), nonperforming assets to loans plus Other Real Estate Owned (OREO) ratio, net charge off ratio, reserve to nonperforming assets ratio and Tier 1 risk-based capital ratio. To qualify for the Sm-All Stars list the financial institution needed to be well capitalized per the Tier 1 risk-based capital ratio and at or above the peer median for the remaining seven criteria.
According to Walko, “we are pleased to qualify as one of the top 32 small cap banks in the country. It is a testament to our employees and directors that even during difficult economic times we continue to remain a strong community bank. We strive to make Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. a wise investment choice for investors by building shareholder value through prudent balance sheet management and revenue diversification.”
Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc., is the bank holding company for Jersey Shore State Bank, with $710,291,000 in assets. Jersey Shore State Bank has 12 offices in Centre, Lycoming and Clinton Counties, Pennsylvania. Investment and insurance products are offered through the bank’s subsidiary, The M Group, Inc. D/B/A The Comprehensive Financial Group. Penns Woods Bancorp, Inc. stock trades on the NASDAQ National Market under the symbol PWOD.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV