Lockheed Martin (LMT), the world's largest military weapons manufacturer, raised its quarterly dividend by 19% from 63 cents per share to 75 cents, its eighth consecutive annual increase.
The aerospace and defense firm will pay the higher dividend Dec. 31 to shareholders of record as of Dec. 1 for a new annualized yield of 4.1%.
Hingham Institution for Savings
(HIFS) upped its dividend by a penny to 24 cents per share, to be paid Oct. 20 to stockholders of record as of Oct. 8. The higher payout brings Hingham's yield to 2.4%.
Poultry processor Sanderson Farms (SAFM) increased its quarterly dividend 13.3% to 17 cents per share. The new payout will be available Oct. 19 to shareholders of record on Oct. 5 for a current yield of 1.6%.Finally, Covidien (COV) will pay its shareholders 11.1% more than it used to, the medical supplies maker said this week. Covidien raised its dividend to 20 cents per share, to be paid Nov. 8 to shareholders of record on Oct. 4. That brings Covidien's current yield to 2%. Covidien said last week it expects its fiscal 2011 net revenue to grow in a range between 6% and 9% year-over-year. -- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV