Processed food producer ConAgra said this week its board approved a 15% increase to its quarterly dividend, bringing its shareholder payout to 23 cents per share for a current yield of 4.2%. The higher dividend will be paid Dec. 1 to shareholders of record on Oct. 29.
The maker of Chef Boyardee and Healthy Choice branded foods posted an 11% drop in fiscal first quarter profits to 34 cents per share, missing expectations by a nickel. Sales fell 2.4% year-over-year.
Realty Income (O), a REIT that pays its dividends on a monthly -- rather than quarterly -- basis, raised its payout this week to 14.39 cents per share. The next payday will be Oct. 15 for shareholders of record on Oct. 1. That brings its current yield to 5.2%.
Realty Income was recently featured on TheStreet's list of dividend-paying all-stars, a ranking of REITs that have increased their shareholder payouts every year for at least the past decade.>> 14 REITs Increasing Dividends Annually McDonald's announced early Thursday a 10.9% jump in its quarterly dividend. The Golden Arches will now pay a quarterly dividend of 61 cents per share, up from its prior payout of 55 cents per share. The new dividend will be available Dec. 15 to shareholders of record as of Dec. 1, for a current yield of 3.2%. Regional bank First of Long Island (FLIC) raised its quarterly payout by 10% to 20 cents per share. The dividend will be paid on Oct. 15 to shareholders of record on Oct. 5 for a new yield of 3.2%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV