NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- ETF investors will be closely watching to see if gold continues to rise this week while monitoring some key reports and developments in real estate, agriculture and emerging markets.
iShares Cohen & Steers Realty Majors Index Fund (ICF)
Last week, investors had their fingers on the U.S. real estate industry's pulse as a number of industry leaders such as KB Homes (KBH) and Lennar (LEN) reported their quarterly earnings numbers.
Additionally, there were reports regarding new home sales and housing starts. Looking to this week, real estate investors will have their eyes set on Tuesday when Case-Shiller data for July is released.
As I explained last week, despite my generally positive outlook for the broad economy, I have reservations about the real estate industry. While there may see strength in the short term, I still see supply issues as a persistent weight on homebuilders and ETFs such as SPDR S&P Homebuilder ETF (XHB). REITS and commercial real estate, however, appear more stable looking to the future. Risk tolerant, income-seeking investors may find a fund such as ICF attractive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV