Belkin Desktop Internet Phone for Skype ($100 at Belkin.com) If you're comfortable with the limits of Skype -- warbly voice quality and cutesy Web 2.0 social nonsense when you are trying to make a business call -- this phone is a surprisingly solid choice for bringing Web telephony to even a tiny operation. Simply plug it into an available slot in your broadband router, log into your Skype account, kick in a few bucks for some SkypeOut minutes and you have a separate voice line that costs pennies to the dollar compared with traditional voice and cell service. I must say, I found this an impressive little bit of Web telephony. Good design for the controls, buttons and features. And good voice quality by web calling standards, assuming you have a good Web connection and your system is configured properly. You will definitely want to avoid the more sophisticated Skype functions such as chat and video conferencing, since the control screen is tiny. But still, for $100 and some Skype minutes, you have your own business number. What's not to love about that? -- Written by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
>To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV