NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Auto component supplier American Axle & Manufacturing ( AXL ) stock was jumping after the company announced a joint venture with Saab Automobile to deliver components that improve vehicle fuel efficiency.
Shares of American Axle & Manufacturing have jumped 4% to $9.20 in late morning trading.
The new company, e-AAM Driveline Systems AB (e-AAM), will engineer, develop and commercialize electric all-wheel-drive and hybrid driveline systems for passenger cars and crossover vehicles, American Axle said in a press release.
The company described the e-AAM systems design as one that would improve fuel efficiency, reduce carbon dioxide emissions and provide vehicle stability.e-AAM will be headquartered in Trollhattan, Sweden and begin operations on Oct. 1. It will be majority- controlled by American Axle. e-AAM systems will be featured in the next generation of Saab vehicles beginning in 2012, American Axle said. American Axle & Manufacturing "is pleased to be launching this exciting new business opportunity with Saab," AAM CEO Richard Dauch said. "e-AAM will leverage the outstanding competencies of both our companies in the development of state-of-the-art electric and hybrid driveline systems needed by global OEMs to improve the fuel efficiency, ride and handling performance and overall capability of their products. " -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV