By Louis Navellier of
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The market is showing some strength in September, and we're not even into third-quarter earnings season yet! And that means there is a lot to look forward to as we get ready for the next round of quarterly reports. Companies that top expectations tend to pop nicely after their numbers come out -- and if investors are already in a buying mood, all the better!
As a growth guy, I live for the four earnings seasons on Wall Street. They let me know which companies are posting growing sales and earnings and which stocks are falling behind. I never invest in a company that is not growing significantly -- and I don't fret about the latest market hiccup, consumer spending headline or other hang-ups. A company only succeeds by growing the bottom line, not making excuses.
To help you get your share this earnings season, here are five top small cap stocks October.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV