By Louis Navellier of
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The market is showing some strength in September, and we're not even into third-quarter earnings season yet! And that means there is a lot to look forward to as we get ready for the next round of quarterly reports. Companies that top expectations tend to pop nicely after their numbers come out -- and if investors are already in a buying mood, all the better!
As a growth guy, I live for the four earnings seasons on Wall Street. They let me know which companies are posting growing sales and earnings and which stocks are falling behind. I never invest in a company that is not growing significantly -- and I don't fret about the latest market hiccup, consumer spending headline or other hang-ups. A company only succeeds by growing the bottom line, not making excuses.
To help you get your share this earnings season, here are five top small cap stocks October.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV