Growth stocks got hot this summer, but -- like the season -- the tide will soon turn again in favor of value, says a slew of top value managers.
Year-to-date the iShares S&P 500 Value Index (IVE) has returned 3.7% versus 2.3% for the iShares S&P 500 Growth Index (IVW). Over the past three months, however, growth has made a strong comeback as traders have jumped back into higher-multiple stocks and overall economic expansion has stalled, leading fund managers to search high and low for growth.
Despite this summer's turnaround, value managers remain confident cheap stocks will outperform higher-priced ones through the rest of this year and into next. And they say that there are plenty of underappreciated stocks still out there. Here are a few of their favorites:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV