ND Finds Mining Company For Water Disposal Problem
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) â¿¿ Coteau Properties Co. has been fined $1,000 for dumping pond water outside its Freedom Mine and causing some soil erosion.
A North Dakota Public Service Commission inspector said water was being pumped through a pipe to lower the pond's water level.
Commission Chairman Kevin Cramer said the pond collects runoff and allows sediment in the water to settle. The pipe outlet extended about 60 feet outside the boundaries of the mine's permit area.
The violation was discovered in June. On Wednesday the PSC voted to fine Coteau Properties $1,000, including a $750 penalty for negligence.Coteau Properties is a subsidiary of the North American Coal Corp., which is a subsidiary of Nacco Industries Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV