Zuckerberg will reportedly be donating some of his massive and suddenly acquired fortune to charity. There were various press reports on Thursday that the Facebook founder would be making a $100 million donation to the Newark, New Jersey public school system -- which is under serious financial strain -- and that the donation would be the beginning of a major charitable campaign by Zuckerberg focused on education. A donation from Zuckerberg of $100 million would represent a little more than 10% of Newark's budget.
Zuckerberg wasn't the only Facebook luminary in the Forbes 400. Dustin Moskovitz, who is no longer with the social media site but retains a Facebook stake worth $1.4 billion, and Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, with an estimated wealth of $1.15 billion, were No. 290 and No. 356 on the Forbes 400, respectively. Moskovitz, at 26, was the youngest member of the Forbes 400.
Wal-Mart heirs Christy and Alice Walton were the only woman to break the Top 10 in the Forbes 400. The next richest woman on the list was Anne Cox Chambers of Cox Enterprises, at No. 19 with an estimated wealth of $12.5 billion. The only other woman in the Top 50 of the Forbes 400 was Abigail Johnson of Fidelity Investments, at No. 22 with a fortune of $11.3 billion.Some notable disappearances from the ranks of the Forbes 400 were hedge fund manger Raj Rajaratnam of Galleon Group, now facing 185 years in prison, and the rags-to-riches cab driver turned real estate mogul Tamir Sapir, now facing multiple creditor lawsuits. --Written by Eric Rosenbaum in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: NAME.
http://twitter.com/erprose. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV